Thursday, October 7, 2010
Vegan Potato Nachos
1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
sprinkling of Old Bay or Mexican seasoning, optional
1 cup or to taste Nacho Mom's Ultimate Vegan Queso
¼ cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
¼ cup sliced black olives
¼ cup sliced green onions
guacamole, fresh chopped tomatoes or pico di gallo. and vegan sour cream (optional) for topping and/or dipping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
2. Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil and garlic salt.
Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and salt(s)
3. Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
4. Top with vegan queso, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and chiles. (optional: if you don't want messy fingers, you can use the queso for dipping instead)
5. Bake for about 5 minutes more to melt queso.
6. Serve or top with with pico di gallo, guacamole and vegan sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.