Thursday, December 30, 2010

The way to get lucky in 2011 Blackeyed Pea Con Queso

Those of us brought up in the South are used to seeing lots of black eyed peas in grocery carts (psst If you live up North you may call that a buggy or a carriage.) Why? They bring ya luck when ya eat em on New Year's y'all! (The black eyed peas...not the grocery cart. Eating that would be far from lucky.)  Heck, I still shed tears of joy on my own luck this year though I would never have guessed it during the horrid start to my year...But I digress...

So I think they work, but it may take awhile. Be patient.

So here's a recipe that I can't take credit for. If you are familiar with GoMaxGo vegan candy bars then you, in my opinion, have good taste. If not, you need to be. And the fine folks at GoMaxGo share the bean tradition & came up with a Nacho Mom's way of eatin' em this year that I had to share!

half to one can black eyed peas, (to taste) rinshed and drained
1 jar Nacho Mom's Ultimate Vegan Queso or Fire Roasted Queso

MIX.
HEAT.
EAT.
GET LUCKY.
Alternative: Use Nacho Mom's as a sauce over beans but the bean con queso is tasty, you may regret it if you miss this one.

Click here to find Nacho Mom's vegan queso

No comments:

Post a Comment